Re: Glib logging disable patch

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Tim Janik wrote:

> apart from that, could you say _why_ disabling all logging
> functions is so important? is this about saving the the
> actually logging strings? in that case, couldn't we at least
> leave something like the stringified file name plus a line
> number integer to give at least a minor hint as to where
> something went wrong?

This is mainly a size thing yes. I've been measuring this a bit today.
For a non-debug build of glib and gtk+ doing minimal logging (like you
describe above) saves 39k. Doing no logging at all saves another 19k.

Shall i add a minimal logging option, a no logging option, both or none?

> also for g_message(), some reporting functions become basically
> non-functional which doesn't seem to be that good of an idea.

What do you mean by this?

/ Alex