Re: PATCH: glib iochannel win32 bug fix

Peter Zelezny <zed linux com> writes:

> Here's a patch that makes the win32 implementation of GIOChannel's more
> like the unix one. The problem was that after g_source_remove()ing, it
> would close your socket. I don't know why it ever did this, the win32
> maintainers might want to take a closer look at it.

The IOChannel interfaces recently changed a lot, and as a consequence,
the giowin32 code is in need of more extensive care at the moment.  It
probably doesn't compile. If it does, it certainly doesn't work.

If someone wants to take a look at this, and also check to make sure
that we haven't made any unforgiveable portability mistakes in the
interfaces that need to be fixed, that could be quite useful.

(Also see the comments/questions about Win32 and line endings
from me in:

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2001-July/msg00020.html)