Re: pango patch -- fix some warnings, at least one bug

On Thursday, July 12, 2001, at 09:16  AM, Owen Taylor wrote:

The only real advantage of using the long is that a someone trying to
detect 64-bit "errors" won't notice an implicit cast from a long to an
int.

Ah, you convinced me. I hadn't noticed that there was a call that relied on it being a long* (the glib one). I made all the pointers use long* and didn't bother changing the local variables inside the called functions. As you say, assigning a long into an int variable won't attract undue attention in the future and waste someone's time.

    -- Darin