Re: AbstractTreeModel, AbstractListModel

Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org> writes:
> 	I looked at GtkTreeStore, and judging by that, implementing all
> of the given interfaces is a lot of work.  Am I wrong in this?

It isn't horrible, you don't have to implement all the virtual
functions there. (Though it could be documented better which you do
and don't.)

I did an XML one once actually. It's even in CVS as 'xml-browser' if
you want to look, but won't compile/work anymore.

I think things have become somewhat more complex since I did
xml-browser, but hopefully not too bad.

Basically C is a crap language for tree widgets. To get sufficient
syntactic sugar while also having speed results in some unfortunate
compromises that you could avoid in an OO language. One of the few
cases like this we've really encountered for GTK.

Havoc