Re: AbstractTreeModel, AbstractListModel

Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org> writes:
> 	Basically, I'm trying to judge the trade off between the time
> required for hacking this and the space waste and conceptual ugliness of
> using gtktreestore and mirroring the XML.

If you want a random opinion, I think writing the model will nearly
always be the best idea. The main motive for GtkTreeStore is
simplicity when you have a static model that won't really change.  If
you're doing anything complicated TreeStore is going to create bugs
(failure to sync between store and your data structure) and be more
bloated.

Another option in some cases is to have a GtkTreeStore that just
contains a bunch of structs; I believe gtk-demo does this for the
stock item browser code.

Havoc