Re: GIOChannel diff committed

--On Saturday, July 21, 2001 2:41 PM -0400 Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

"Andrew J. Lanoix" <alanoix umich edu> writes:
> > What is your bugzilla login? We can easily add permissions so you can
> > modify bugs there.
> alanoix umich edu
Thanks

OK, you should be able to change bugs now. (I believe new accounts can
by default, but for some reason some people have accounts with no
permissions.)

> > Also, if you think it would help win32 visibility you guys are welcome
> > to put a mailing list for it on gnome.org, and also use
> > gtk.org/gnome.org web pages.
> That would help. Right now our website is Tor's personal page and our
> mailing list is yahoogroups.

So I would need:

  - the subscriber list from the old list, if you want to autosubscribe
    everyone on there
  - the name of the new list (gtk-win32-list? gtk-win32-devel?)
    (though you are welcome to use this list for win32 devel,
     I would think - may help us all stay coordinated)
  - one or more list moderators with email addresses (you have to
    approve messages that mailman thought might be spam, and that sort
    of thing)

For the web page, we would probably need to coordinate with Tor to
move it, and set up accounts for whoever will maintain it.

Just let us know when/if you guys want to do any of this.

Havoc

I think it would be a good idea to setup a website with a FAQ and other information along with the files. People ask the same questions over and over on the mailing list. I am willing to set it up and coordinate it in Tor's absence. I have gotten responses from people who are willing to help write up the questions and answers. There is a lot of confusion on how to build glib/gtk+ on win32. I do not have a place to host it. I would think Tor, Hans, myself and anyone else you can think of should have access.

Hans,
What is the state of gtk head on win32? I see that you have been submitting patching to it.

Andy Lanoix