Re: gtk test programs core dump

Everyone:

Much thanks to Gerdo, HideToshi, and Ron for helping me on this.
HideToshi's suggestion was in fact the problem.  I had old glib/gtk
libraries still on my machine.  My fault.

Brian

P.S. To answer Gerdo's questions about our build envrionment (not that
it really matters, but...)

We build the following from tarball

  gettext, pkgconfig, libiconv, freetype, tiff, jpeg, png

The rest from CVS head.  We use the cvs "co -D" flag to ensure that all
of the code is pulled from CVS head consistantly.  We build the library
dependencies then glib, then gtk+ library dependencies, then gtk+.
We then wrap everything up as packages.

We have remove and install scripts that we use to ensure that the
old packages are removed properly and the new ones are installed.
However I got myself in a confused state because I had removed the
glib/gtk+ packages on my machine and replaced them with ones
installed via "make install".  So the "remove" script didn't work
properly.

Brian