Re: more GDK->GTK mapping

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> you should use GTK_OBJECT_TYPE() or at least G_OBJECT_TYPE(), i.e. use
> the macros introduced for the fundamental type you're operating on.

How is this different from saying we should have gtk_entry_draw(),
gtk_button_draw(), etc. instead of gtk_widget_draw()?

The point of inheritance is that an object is_a GTypeInstance, so you
can call GTypeInstance methods on it. Type checks are supposed to
catch type errors, passing an instance there is not a type error.

Havoc