New developer...

Hi.

I am brazilian, so please sorry if you misundertand me in some...
	By now, i just subscribed the mailing list. I am starting to hack gtk+ source code and I am liking so much of the lib concepts. However, I think gtk interface is yet a bit ugly and the widgets and very few customizable yet...
	I understand there are much other much important things to be done on gtk+ before widgets development be a worrie, but I would like to develop some on gtk+ on this part. I would like to add features to some of actual gtk+ widgets and create new ones.
	I started on linux programming over 3-4 years ago. Before, I was a
windows delphi/visual basic/c++ builder programmers. Bad days... Now, I see
gtk+ is much better in phylosophy that any other tool I alredy programmed, but
I know, also, some of the features that RAD (Rapid Application Development) programmers should expect from gtk widgets...
	There are some functions that the widgets should do itself. I didn't
understand why gtkfilesel doesn't have a filter selection, for example... Even
if it should have a mime type selection that allows the user filter files by
content and not only extension, it should be some filter alredy...
	What I am trying to say is gtk+ needs some basic features (in my
opinion) I would like to implement, but I don't know if I am trying to do it the
right way...
	I would like your help/opinion about. Do you think I develop some gtk+
widgets and add features to others could be a good idea? I know very few of
gtk+ entire source by now, so I would like to start developing this way. When
I be more accostumed with the source, I could help some other ways I also have
interest...

Thank you, I wait your help.

Regards,

Marcelo.

--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle    UIN: 30595143
marceloelias iname com http://mlinuxer.cjb.net MLinuxer