Re: Pango Performance (was: Re: --gtk-unbuffered)

On Thursday, March 01, 2001 at 15:53, jrb redhat com wrote:

> >  Just curious: Whats the rationale for this "strange way to code"?
>
> It catches the '=' vs '==' errors.  For instance:
>
>   return (has_glyph = 1);
>   return (has_glyph == 1);
>
> are both valid.
>
>   return (1 = has_glyph);
>
> is not.

<imho>
In my experience, you don't make this mistake often enough for
it to be a problem. At least not if you're experienced with C...
I thought the main point in good code was readability, not
safeness...
</imho>

Oskar Liljeblad (osk hem passagen se)