Re: GtkPlug/socket broken in GTK+ 2.0

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>
> > I figured it out in some detail, but then went on to rewrite
> > most of plug/socket using a new protocol (the plug/socket
> > protocol is fundementally broken in a number of ways).
> > I can't really remember what was needed to get the old plug/socket
> > working at this point.
> >
> > I expect to be committing the new plug/socket over the next week
> > or so.
>
> Um, so should I backport this to 1.2 or are we screwed in the stable
> branch?

Its not backportable. (Takes changes to the way toplevels handle
focus, among other things.)

I think Bonobo has hacked around many (if not all) of the problems by
sending stuff across the CORBA channel.

For things like gnomecc and the panel, we can probably just live with
the problems - they aren't severe for simple apps, if they are
fundemental.