Re: [HCI] Focus navigation with arrow keys

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> what?
>
> heck, ever moved around in a dialog like this:
>
> +---------------+ +---------------+
> |               | |               |
> | label |entry| | | label |entry| |
> |               | |               |
> | label |entry| | | label |entry| |
> |               | |               |
> +---------------+ +---------------+

Arrow movement is useless here because if I am in the NW label I
cannot hit the Right arrow to move to the NE label.

> do NOT ditch arrow movement, gtk's support for keyboard handling of
> the GUI is already inferior compared to e.g. windows, the arrow movement
> is actually an area where it behaves better.

Dude, why do you think resurrected yours and Jonathan's patch for
focusing and then fixed it up?  Just so that these issues would be
resolved and we would not suck so much in comparison to Windows.

> not everyone is as mouse adicted and capable as you are federico.

I only have a laptop, not a desktop box.  Mousing around SUCKS.  That
is why I have been looking into these issues as well.

  Federico