Possible gtk_tree_view bug?

The docs on GtkTreeView show a simple example:

> {
>   :
>   model = gtk_tree_store_new_with_values (1,
G_TYPE_STRING);

>   /* Create a view */
>   view = gtk_tree_view_new_with_model
(GTK_TREE_MODEL (model));

>   /* The view now holds a reference.  */
>   /* We can get rid of our own reference */
>   g_object_unref (G_OBJECT (model));
>   :
>}

This does not appear to be the case: the model is NOT
reffed within gtktreeview.c, and this example performs
a segmentation fault at gtk_show(&view).
GDB shows the refcount as 1 within the
g_object_unref(model); call.

Is the code correct, or is the documentation correct?
I would suspect the doc is correct.

Shall I enter that as a bug in bugzilla?
I have a patch, and can post it to bugzilla, if
someone can confirm this is actually a bug.

Jamie Strachan