Re: New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

m> Okay, it works now.  Thanks very much.  There's a few odd things,
m> though.  My gtk default font is set to helvetica, 12 pt.  It came
m> out using some other serif font, at a much smaller size, even
m> though it claimed to be helvetica.  This caused, for some reason,
m> my gnome control panel to be 2000 pixels wide.

For some reason, the Xft call I use will always succeed on loading
nonexistant fonts; it just substitutes a weird-looking broken font
with bad bearing metrics instead.  The result is that some kinds of
windows render at huge widths.

I'll look into this, and try to get it to behave.

m> In the program glimmer, everything is anti-aliased but the text in
m> the editor itself, which is set to use a font that's aliasable
m> (Courier New for example).

This is almost always a sign that the program in question is using
something other than GTK to render text in a particular widget.
Mozilla, for example, inlines the body of gdk_draw_text.

	<b