Re: [patch] compiling GTK+ w/o X

Hi,

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> > Well, either we introduce such a concept and the necessary API or
> > we make the compilation of testpixbuf-[drawable|save].c optional.
>
> Unless there's some independent motive for the new API, I'd suggest
> testpixbuf be made conditional on the same AM_CONDITIONAL that
> presumably controls the x11 subdirectory.

That's a possibility, but why shouldn't it be built if it compiles
(and works ??) on all platforms? With the current API you need to
add the following to your code if you ever want to access
GDK_PARENT_ROOT():

#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_X11
#include <gdk/x11/gdkx.h>
#endif
#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32
#include <gdk/win32/gdkwin32.h>
#endif
#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_FB
#include <gdk/linux-fb/gdkfb.h>
#endif
#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_DIRECTFB
#include <gdk/directfb/gdkdirectfb.h>
#endif

That does not make sense to me. IMHO we should add something
like gdk_window_get_default_root() as Owen suggested. I'm willing
to send a patch if we can agree on this subject.

Salut, Sven