fonts for pango

Hello,
i've compiled gtk for framebuffer on i386 with some examples.
However i couldn't run any of them due problems with pango fonts.

I downloaded URW fonts from the gimp homepage, and untarred them into
/usr/local/lib/pango/ft2fonts/ (where pango is looking), and
i setup the following aliases: sans, serif, monospace.
I think i'm doing something wrong at this point. Into the alias file
i've something like this:

sans normal normal normal normal "StandardSymL"

Not sure if *StandardSymL* is the right thing. I tried with the filename, with
the full name found inside fonts.dir, but no luck.
What exactly should be specified there?
thank you.

--
Cristian Prevedello, System Administrator at Prosa Labs
plasma prosa it, http://www.prosa.it/