Re: PangoXft and PangoFT2 patch from hell

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Alex Larsson writes:
>  > > What do you suggest 'for now'. I guess porting mini-xft is at least
>  > > some hours of work. A _really_ short look at the code gave me the
>  > > impression, that it is tightly bound to the *ix way of doing things.
>
> Well, just making it build (with gcc; MSVC will need some #ifdef
> HAVE_UNISTD_H etc) was not that hard. Whether it actually does
> anything sensible is another matter. Anybody have a simple (but not
> too simple) working test program for pangoft2? (I don't think the old
> viewer-ft2.c in Pango's examples compiles any longer?) What should an
> XftConfig file look like? (Oh well, that can probably be found on the
> web.)

A small XftConfig would look something like this

dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
dir "/usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType"

#
# alias 'fixed' for 'mono'
#
match any family == "fixed"             edit family =+ "mono";

#
# Check users config file
#
includeif       "~/.xftconfig"

#
# Use Lucidux fonts for default faces
#
match any family == "serif"             edit family += "LuciduxSerif";
match any family == "sans"              edit family += "LuciduxSans";
match any family == "mono"              edit family += "LuciduxMono";

/ Alex