Re: config.h

Skip Montanaro <skip pobox com> writes:

> It's not entirely unheard of for an application to use two packages that
> both use GNU configure to build themselves.  For example, the PyGtk wrappers
> pull in .h files from both Python and Gtk.  The Python folks have begun
> naming their configure-generated config file "pyconfig.h".  I think it would
> be worthwhile to consider changing the Gtk config file to gtkconfig.h,
> obviously not for 2.0, but soon after.  Leaving it as it is just invites an
> eventual name(space) clash.

GTK+, like any sane package, does _not_ install a file called
config.h, and does not in it's installed config file (gdkconfig.h)
define any symbols outside the GDK_ namespace.

The config.h file is only used at build time, and even if some
other package was rude enough to install a config.h file, this
would be first in the include path, so there wouldn't be problems.

Why do you think there is a problem?