Re: glibconfig.h.win32.in: MSVC warning pragmas

At 18:01 27.11.01 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>Hans Breuer writes:
> [...]
>> b) remove those offending #pragma warning(disable:xxxx) but leave
>>    the warnings as errors intact
>
>The "warnings as errors" pragmas are quite rude IMHO. Yes, I do know
>that for well-written software (like what you, I, and the people on
>this list write ;-) these pragmas are only benefical. But should GLib
>really force a random developer to start adding lots of casts or
>whatever to code that until now has compiled with only a few warnings,
>but worked flawlessly, just because he decided to start using GLib's
>hash tables, for instance? Wouldn't that be rather obnoxious?

Ok you are starting to convince me. Though I'm pretty sure that
providing a library for 'random developers' is a maintenance
nightmare ;-)

>> d) put them into their own header contained in cvs/glib, which gets
>>    included in every glib downstream packages I care for by 'force
>>    include':
>>	 -FImsvc_recommended_pragmas.h in every makefile.msc
>
>This seems the most reasonable way to me...

Actual I personally liked c) more because it wouldn't require
changes in all these makefile.msc's, but if this one is
acceptable and the other is not, fine with me.

	Hans