Re: radio groups in libglade

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:

> > >i had asked owen on irc and he said no.
> >
> > Is there any chance you would reconsider about this Owen?  It would make
> > libglade handle GtkRadioMenuItems a lot better (I have already solved
> > the case of GtkWidget type properties once, and it would be good if that
> > code can be reused here).  It would match up with GtkRadioButton better
> > as well.

If libglade didn't require any widget-specific hacks at all, this
would be a strong argument, if some widget-specific hacks are already
needed (and I think they are), then well, it might be cleaner to
have the support in GTK+, but it certainly is something that
can be done with.

I agree that it's right that there should be such a property, and am
fine adding it for 2.2; but we're really trying to draw the line on
API changes at this point; if it's something that can be worked
around, I'd rather not make an exception for this.

Even such a trivial API addition to GTK+ means the possibility for
someone to recompile libglade, try to run something, get an odd error
message, have figure out what the problem is, go back, recompile
GTK+... all slowing down forward progress.

> btw it is working in my local libglade - just a few lines of code.  i
> forgot to mention that owen had said it could possibly go in for gtk
> 2.2.

Just a few lines of code to add support without the property, you
mean?