Re: construct functions

On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 15:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:
> > A lot of objects seem to be missing construct functions for language
> > bindings. Do I have permission to add these as I discover the need? It
> > should be a simple matter of moving code from the _new function to
> > _construct functions, then calling those _construct functions from the
> > _new functions.
>
> Instead of construct functions, objects are supposed to have
> construct-time object properties. If anything requires a construct
> function it is broken, file a bug report about it.

So we set these properties immediately after using g_type_new()? If
there is an existing example of this, can you help me out by pointing me
to it?

So, is gtk_tree_view_new_with_model() broken? :

GtkWidget *
gtk_tree_view_new_with_model (GtkTreeModel *model)
{
  GtkTreeView *tree_view;

  tree_view = GTK_TREE_VIEW (gtk_type_new (gtk_tree_view_get_type ()));
  gtk_tree_view_set_model (tree_view, model);

  return GTK_WIDGET (tree_view);
}

Maybe this is why we have gtk_tree_view_set_model().

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net