Re: 1.3.10 release candidates

> Note that for users of packages releases, only configure/libtool
> should be needed, auto* should only be needed for people working from CVS
> directly.

<potentially-clueless-rambling>

Except that if you have to use a bleeding-edge libtool, for instance
if you intend to build DLLs on Windows, you cannot use the
pre-autoconfed (pre-automaked? pre-aclocaled? I always forget how
auto* works after a good night's sleep...) stuff as such, but have to
rerun some of the steps. I think.

I am not 100% sure whether the ltmain.sh and libtool.m4 (in
aclocal.m4) that are in the candidate tarball work correctly for DLL
generation or not. (I'll check when I get home.) I know that I use CVS
versions myself, and even those with some hacking applied. But maybe
that was necessary only because of some peculiarity with the tool
setup on my home machine.

</potentially-clueless-rambling>

--tml