Pango example compile problem

Hi,

I've been meaing to ask this for some time.

Q: How come the pango example is a viewer program that requires the qt
library?

Way back with version 1.3.1 I remember this example used to compile but
some where along the way it didn't. Now it produces unrecognised qt
reference errors and wont compile. For the past several versions of
Pango I've had to remove the examples directory from Makefile.am and run
automake again so I could compile this library.

I run a standard linux distributon with qt 2.3. Does this example
require qt-1.4.x.

Jeff.