Re: Problems with gtk-glarea

dmaas dcine com said:
>> We have experienced problems with gtkglarea-1.2.1 and
>> gtk-1.2.10.
>> When the X display resolution is high (eg 1600x1200) the glarea does
>> not show any OpenGL primitives (black window). On lower resolutions,
>> however,
>> (eg 1280x1024) everything works fine (on the same machine).

> This is almost certainly a limitation of your OpenGL card/driver and
> not a gtk bug. Most likely your card does not have enough RAM on board
> to support OpenGL rendering at high desktop resolutions. Anyway, take
> this up with the appropriate OpenGL developers (the DRI developers if
> you're using a DRI driver, and NVIDIA if you're using theirs).

Thank's for your answer... I suspected something like that.
However, what is puzzling me is that some other OpenGL applications
(much more complex) programmed using qt are working fine on the same
computer with a high resolution screen. That tends to make me believe
that there is also something related to gtk, is gtk much more memory
demanding than qt in this regard ??? The application here is pretty
simple, one menu, few items and just a sphere.... The qt application
that works displays an image plus complex contours over it, which
AFAICT seems to require more
 memory.

	Theo.

Theodore Papadopoulo
Email: Theodore Papadopoulo sophia inria fr Tel: (33) 04 92 38 76 01