a question about gtk_tree_view_column_set_cell_renderer()

Hi,

The documentation for gtk_tree_view_column_set_cell_renderer () says:
"Sets the cell renderer of the tree_column. If there is a cell renderer already
set, then it is removed. If cell is
NULL, then the cell renderer is unset."

If you look into gtktreeviewcolumn.c you note that this function actually adds
the specified cell renderer to the list of cell renderers.

If you want ot get this cell renderer you should call
gtk_tree_view_column_get_cell_renderers () (BTW, why is it absent in the
API Reference?)

The questions:
1) why do we need a list of renderers, why not only one renderer?
2) if we really need a list of renderers, is it better to rename this function
to gtk_tree_view_column_add_cell_renderer()?

Thanks,
    Vitaly.