Re: 1.3.15 reminder / must-fix bugs

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> of black in the upper left makes them look lumpy to me. Also, if
> we make the change to draw the radio buttons with a dark line on
> the lower right, we need to do the same for checkbuttons.

Why? The reason the dark line is there is so that it is easier to see
the "walls" of the radio button. I don't think that is a problem with
the check buttons.

Also, I don't think the check and radio buttons look mismatched in eg,
the "tree" dialog box in testgtk.

> Can you redo your patch to include PNG files for theme-bits? For
> the inconsitant bitmaps, I think the best thing to do would be to
> repeat the whole image as for the active bitmaps, then just cut
> the text/aa pixmaps out of the result.

I have uploaded a new patch to bugzilla with included png's.

> It's also a little odd to me that the check button inconsistent indicator
> is two black lines while the radio button is gray/black/gray, though
> I understand why you did it that way.

I tried a lot of other possibilities, and they all looked much worse,
in my opinion.

> (I definitely think that the check button indicator shouldn't touch
> the right edge.... there should be a 1 pixelgap)

The patch draws the last pixels in the antialiasing color, so it
doesn't touch the right edge any more than the top right pixel of the
check mark. But I have removed it in the uploaded patch.

Søren