[no subject]

 * There is a lot of duplicated code in your patch; in particular
   the focus-sort stuff and the F10 handling duplication between
   GtkWindow and GtkToolbar.

   This is fairly easy to fix, what I think needs to be done is:

    - Export _gtk_container_focus_sort() privately
    - Move the F10 handling into GtkWindow and then have that
      call back to GtkMenuBar, GtkToolbar to do the widget specific
      work.

 * The code organization feels funny - having GtkMenuBar call a bunch
   of calls in GtkToolbar isn't really the way I'd want to set it
   up.

   I think the right (but still rather hacky) thing to do is a
   private API on the lines of:

        void _gtk_window_bar_focus_add    (GtkWindow        *window,
                                           GtkWidget        *focus_bar);
        void _gtk_window_bar_focus_remove (GtkWindow        *window,
                                           GtkWidget        *focus_bar);
        void _gtk_window_bar_focus_begin  (GtkWindow        *window,
                                           GtkWidget        *start);
        void _gtk_window_bar_focus_end    (GtkWindow        *window);
        void _gtk_window_bar_focus_cycle  (GtkWindow        *window,
                                           GtkWidget        *start,
                                           GtkDirectionType  direction);

 * I don't have a good feeling about changing the way that grabs/focus
   works for menu bars at this point. It's tricky stuff.

   Your patch seems to work quite well, but I tried moving to a
   _gtk_window_bar_* style API as mentioned above, everything fell all
   over itself even though I tried to do things pretty similiarly
   to how you had them set up.

   While this says that you probably understand things how the code
   works in this area better I do :-) it also says I'm not in a good
   position to review the change and make sure that it isn't going
   to produce a bunch of problems elsewhere.

What I'm going to do is:

 a) Add a small standalone patch to make Control-Tab cycle focus
    between menu bars before 2.0.0. (But after 1.3.15.)

 b) Leave the full toolbar focusing issue and focus save/restore
    issues until after 2.0.0, probably for 2.2.0.

Sorry for not being able to get to this earlier; it's certainly my
fault that this patch hasn't gotten enough iterations to go in at
this point.