Re: New release of GTK+ libraries (1.3.12)

Hallo Finlay,

Am 2002-01-13 um 17:03 schriebst du:

>>> glib-mkenums crashes on Darwin if you don't up the stack size (it's set
>>> to something small by default), I'm guessing the same goes for win32.

>> Sounds correct, since I found a soluntion, that was removing a long
>> comment, this should do it.

>> Please, can you tell me how to up the stack size for Perl?

> I have no idea on win32. I'm using tcsh, so you can do "unlimit stack"
> in the shell, then run an app. To do it programatically, you can to use
> getrlimit()/setrlimit(), but that's not much use since this is called by
> a makefile. I'm not sure... unlimit stack might work, otherwise, *shrug*.

Ah, well, then it deoends on the shell and the platform, I have ulimit
here, but it refuses to change the default stack, I'm not sure, but I
think the default stack here is about 2MB which is a little small.

I found some references which suggest that the stack size needs to be
modified during link time of a library/executable, so I need to
build another perl with a bifgger default stack.  Arrgh.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                        mailto:gp familiehaase de