Re: gtk+ configure.in patch

On 15 Jan 2002, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
>
> > You will also have to keep them in the cvs - it is no lesser error to
> > not fail on a required but missing library in case of cvs build. I supopse
> > you could conditionalise the warning/error check on whetever the
> > pre-built-in-case-of-tarball stock pixbufs are there, but that sounds like
> > a rather extreme and pointles sthing to do - at least IMVHO.
>
> keeping them in CVS makes no sense but I must disagree that adding a
> conditionalized check to configure is pointless. Build GTK+ w/o a PNG
> loader might make sense for an embedded device. Of course developers
> for embedded devices will customize their build anyway but we should
> make this task as easy as possible.

Yes, this makes sufficent amounts of sense.

Can the patch go in - naturally on the condition of being replaced by a
re-worked patch that switches to the newer behaviour as soon as needed -
until such time as gtk+ developers come to a conclusion in which they way
want to treat pre-built stock pixbufs?

After all, tarballs with the pre-generated items in them will only appear
at the next release while the cvs can be built at all times.

> Salut, Sven

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding