Re: broken accelerator changes

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 14:01, Owen Taylor wrote:
>  A) I'm good at duping incoming GTK+ bugs ;-)
>  B) It will be in the release notes, along with 'gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"'
>  C) It's not hard to change:
>
>     Put "gtk-can-change-accels = 1" in your .gtkrc-2.0
>
>     (It should be in the GNOME control center, but the GNOME-2.0.0 UI
>     freeze porbably means it won't be for 2.0.0.)
>
>   D) I don't think we'll see any fast explosion of bug reports from end
>      users, there aren't that many apps out there, and most of the
>      apps in the GNOME-2.0 beta with menus use bonoboui which doesn't
>      handle changeable accelerators anyways.

Oh, no, I was referring just to the emacs shortcuts, which /are/ an
issue in gnome2 apps. As Havoc says, I don't really think most people
actually know about the changeable shortcuts, so I don't think that will
be an issue. I certainly didn't know about them until someone filed a
bug against Evo asking why it didn't have them :) [Bonobo, of course.]

Luis