Re: GTK+ translation status

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Fuzzy translations are IMHO much worse than missing
> translations. Should the fuzzy ones be commented out? Should the "bad"

In the past fuzzy translation was not included in the end result but
the NEWS file in the gettext 0.11 tarball says:

* A fuzzy attribute of the header entry of a message catalog is now
  ignored by the tools, i.e. it is used even if marked fuzzy.

I really hope this doesn't mean that fuzzy strings are used in the
translated application. As you say, they are often very wrong.

--
/Dennis