Re: filesel notes

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 02:03:34PM +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Thomas Leonard wrote:
>
> > - A way to get the raw data (for sending to other apps) [1]
>
> why wouldn't the rox file selector just return the drag target's path?

Some drag destinations don't have paths. Eg, what is the path of an image
frame in KWord, or a region of cells in Gnumeric?

For example, I can click on a link to 'Data.csv.gz' in a web browser to
get a savebox, then drag from the savebox onto the Archive application.
Archive then displays another savebox (showing an icon for the
uncompressed 'Data.csv' file), which I drag into a spreadsheet to import
the data, etc.

The GtkClipboard interface is probably a good way to provide the data.

There are some screenshots here (scroll down to the Edit section):

	http://rox.sf.net/guide.php3

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r ecs soton ac uk		tal197 users sourceforge net