Re: GtkComboBox design -- first draft

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 04:48:44PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

>  - I haven't installed Office XP yet, but looking at the color combo
>    in (I think) Word 2000, it is much simpler than the Gnumeric one
>    (it has only a tearoff menu item, then the color grid). It behaves
>    and looks like the win2k menus.

Please compare apples to apples.

The gnumeric colour combo is a logical extension of the XL colour
combo.  It requires an Auto/Default/No Colour button.  Gnumeric adds
the custom colour button to the mix which seems like a logical
improvement over the XL approach of supporting 56 colours and
requiring Tools -> Options -> Colours -> Edit to change a palette
entry.

The implementation of the gnumeric colour combo is is certainly not
perfect, but it does seem like a reasonably useful layout.  We
should discuss this in person next week.