Re: dialog convenience API

Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com> writes:

> Real World Applications have always been writing their own error dialog
> functions...  Probably we could just look into what they have been using
> so far?

Indeed.

> Besides, the basic question is: how likely is something like this to get
> into 2.2?

I don't think it's a good idea; Owen is already super-beyond-doomed
making the 2.2 deadline, and this is a nontrivial thing that hasn't
been tested yet. The 2.2 API freeze should have already happened,
though it hasn't, and 2.0.x desperately needs more bugfixing work if
any extra time appears.

I'd rather see it in libegg and then 2.4, personally.

Havoc