Re: style->black and style->white

Thanks for the reply Owen...

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 18:53, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Well, what I suggest above would have _no_effect_ on the default theme
> > since fg[NORMAL] == (0,0,0) and bg[NORMAL] == white.  That's why I
> > suggested it :-)
>
> I think you are thinking of text[NORMAP], base[NORMAL] (the colors
> used for entries) which are black and white in the default
> color scheme.

My mistake, bg[NORMAL] is indeed light grey.  But fg[NORMAL] is black:

(from gtkstyle.c):

static GdkColor gtk_default_normal_fg =  { 0,      0,      0,      0 };
static GdkColor gtk_default_active_fg =  { 0,      0,      0,      0 };
static GdkColor gtk_default_prelight_fg =  { 0,      0,      0,      0};

> (But could easily be beige and brown in a different color scheme. It's
> a mistake to assume that there is any connection between fg/bg and
> base/text.... one could be inverted and the other not.)

I agree; but it's not clear to me that altering the bevel colors to
match the color scheme in the default engine would be a bad thing.

I do agree though, that a new engine derived from an existing engine is
the best way to achieve high-quality inverse themes.  I still believe
that an inverse theme might want to invert "black" and "white", strange
as it seems.

This can be done brute-force with a fullscreen "magnifier" utility at
"1:1" scale factor, which is what some Windoze users with vision
problems do; and yes, it turns the reds into cyans, etc.  Would be nicer
to leave "normal images" untouched and just invert the icon-ish stuff
though.

-Bill