Re: Behavior change / Usability bugs

Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:

> On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 15:42, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > Well, it hasn't changed in a way you're unfamiliar with, because you've
> > already changed it for menubars (F10 now cycling between them, rather
> > than F10 then Ctrl+Tab to cycle between them).... I can't remember
> > whether that change is documented in this bug report or another one.
>
> FWIW, I just spoke to Bill and his preference would be for toolbars just
> to be in the window's regular Tab sequence.  I'd be okay with that too I
> guess, that's what Java does IIRC

I have to wonder about this... Toolbars are supposed to be mouse
shortcuts for menu navigation. Doesn't putting them in the normal tab
sequence just make normal keyboard nav clunky (having to tab through
all the toolbar items if you don't know about Control-Tab) for
minimal gain?

(On the other hand, if there are widgets like URL entries in the toolbar,
they should be in the normal tab chain, but an app should set that
up itself with gtk_container_set_focus_chain())