Re: About dialog API

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 05:04:17PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> void       gtk_about_dialog_set_name (GtkAboutDialog *dialog,
>                                       const gchar    *credits);
> void       gtk_about_dialog_set_version (GtkAboutDialog dialog,
>                                          const gchar   *version);

As an aside, I think these setters are probably bloat - nobody is
going to change the stuff after creating the dialog, so why not just
go with properties. Especially if the convenience function already
requires use of properties.

Almost everyone's just going to use the convenience function anyway.

>  gtk_about_dialog_show (parent,
>                         "name", PACKAGE,
>                         "version", VERSION,
>                         [..]);

Yeah, I'd have to vote for that too I guess. The only real downside
is that people might not set all the fields they really should, but
it's not such a big deal if they don't.

Can just have a good <programlisting> example in the docs, that uses
all the properties that are available.

Havoc