Re: About dialog API

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:50:30AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Doing this with the current library setup it's a rather akward thing
> that requires in-depth knowledge of GTK+ and would be unacceptable as
> a patch because of the heavy use #ifdef.

I think it's a patch that should be accepted, if we can find a
remotely sane way to do it.

It doesn't seem like it has to be *that* bad - one idea is:

 libgtk_la_SOURCES = \
   gtkwidget.c       \
   gtkwindow.c       \
   (etc)             \
   @NONCORE_SOURCES@

Where NONCORE_SOURCES is generated at configure time from a data
file.

Of course this only lets you exclude things that are not depended upon
by by some other part of GTK, but all of say GtkTextView and
GtkTreeView are in that category, aren't they?

I think it'd be fine to just disable demos/tests/docs for a build of
GTK like this, rather than ifdef'ing them.

Havoc