Re: Docking widget ready for libegg

Hi,

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in> writes:

> Actually, that's how it is (more-or-less) - see the layout manager API,
> esp. the following calls:
> gboolean         egg_dock_layout_load_layout    (EggDockLayout *layout,
>                                                  const gchar   *name);
>
> void             egg_dock_layout_save_layout    (EggDockLayout *layout,
>                                                  const gchar   *name);
>
> You can consider the above calls to be "hooks" to be called by the
> client to save the layout at an appropriate location (say
> '~/.<appname>/docklayout.xml')

are there hooks for custom serialization and deserialization as well?
At least for GIMP I wouldn't like to save the dock-layout to a
different file but include it in sessionrc (just like we do with
GimpDock right now).

I'd also prefer not to use XML but the sexp syntax we use for all our
config files. In order to do that, we'd need access to all the string
identifiers but I guess that you handle this using GObject properties
and registered enums anyway.

Salut, Sven