Re: Docking widget ready for libegg

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:15:03PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> do we really want to include the serialization code in GTK+? IMO the
> widget should only provide the necessary hooks and leave it up to the
> application to take care of doing that as part of it's session
> management.

I agree that GTK should always have hooks for this kind of thing, but
I also think GTK should have default handlers for the hooks that do it
for you. Just as GTK always has for saving the keyboard accelerator
stuff.  You shouldn't have to implement a big pile of hooks to make a
GTK app work right.

There's an open bug about how to do this in bugzilla. We need a big
picture thinking-through on where/how this kind of state gets saved.

Havoc