Re: About dialog api

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 09:03, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > It might be because I'm very tired, but I don't see need to have 2
> > functions...
>
> _show() is just a convenience wrapper around _new(), g_object_set() and
> gtk_window_present(). _new() is just what remains of the regular widget
> api, if all getters and setters are omitted.

Hmmm, I still don't like it. I think _show should at least return the
widget so you can do what you want with it.

This is the code I always end up with in my about function

static GtkWidget *about = NULL;

if (about == NULL) {
   about = gnome_about_new (.....);
   g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (about), "destroyed",
                     G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroyed), &about);
   gtk_widget_show (about);
} else {
   gdk_window_show (about->window);
}

and I don't see how I can find gtk_about_show useful a useful function.

iain
--
"The media's job is to interest the public in the Public Interest"
	- John Dewey