Re: Is Alpha Channel support in next release plan?

I am somewhat irritated by the absense of core developers in this thread.

Is translucency considered a core feature or a non interesting niche candy? Or was this discussed many times ago? (I'm new to _this_ list)

(I somewhat remember translucency mentioned on the roadmap for gtk 3.0)

Miroslav Silovic schrieb:
You -could- use non-X11 implementations of gdk as a testbed for this (directFB, MacOSX (is it available?) or *gasp* win32).

OT: hrmpf. If only I had the possibility. On my 2nd generation iBook MacOSX was not included, directFB couldn't handle the display and Win32 is not an option. sigh

Not a problem, the OpenGL hack of X11 already is available. :) Check

Thank you for these very interesting links!

Furthermore, translucent windows seem to be on the roadmap for the XFree86 5.0. See the 10th entry at

http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/forum/2003-March/000004.html

Though it does not get discussed further - meaning low interest by the core developers? I hope not.

Hey this is about technological advances happening or not in gtk which are already present in Qt!
   Christof

PS: I have been very pleased with gtk's advances in the past (pixbuf integration, treeview). Excellent work!!! But transparency nags me (being used in my wife's low cost Windows-tax-program and unavailable for me).
PPS: I use gtkmm.