cross-compiling atk 1.2.5 for mingw32 on windows

Michael Torrie writes:
 > Just curious, but is atk 1.2.5 currently buildable on mingw32?

Sure. I haven't tried from the atk 1.2.5 tarball (didn't even know
there was such one out), but at least earlier, Atk has been quite
straightforward to build.

But you probably want to have Cygwin (or perhaps MSYS) in addition to
the bare mingw32 tools. For instance automake is a Perl script, and I
use Cygwin's Perl to run it. I don't know how well it would work to
use a native Win32 Perl (like ActiveState's) to run it.

(If you want to ptoduce DLLs, which you should want to, you should
really have libtool 1.5 on your machine, and relibtoolize etc. DLL
support has much improved in the current libtool version.)

 > If so, how about in a cross-compiling environment?

Sorry, I have no experience of them. Having a working auto*/libtool on
Windows itself is pain enough. (Although with current auto* and
libtool versions, it is easier than before.)

--tml