Re: gucharmap makes qtk-query-immodules segfault

Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > The bug causes query-immodules-2.0 receiving SIGSEGV as soon as it
> > parses any immodule which had been compiled with -O3. Again, it does not
> > matter how gtk-query-immodules-2.0 itself was compiled. It does also not
> > matter whether or not a module was given as command line argument.
>
> I have some issues with gucharmap and query-modules too. I'm trying to
> build it on x864-64 for redhat.

I am not sure if your and my problem have the same cause. They may or
may not. What I am seeing affects all GTK immodules wheras your thing
seems to be with im-gucharmap only. Actually, in my case that is what I
believed first because I had only gucharmap compiled with the -O3 flag
that exposes the bug.

Did you build GTK with the same CFLAGS as gucharmap? If not, then it may
be worth to try. Then try gtk-query-modules-2.0 on one of those new
modules (make install fails for that reason).

I am still investigating. I now believe this is to do with the version
of binutils.

Frank

--
Dr Frank Boehme                      | Email: f boehme cs ucc ie
National University of Ireland, Cork | phone: +353-21-4903163

Please avoid mailing Word or Power Point attachments.