RE: Odd behaviour when building on Win32 using MinGW

(Adding gtk-devel-list back to Cc:)

>> The first thing to do then is to run libtoolize --force,
>> aclocal, automake, autoconf?

>I ran into a problem here, OpenJade is required for this to work
>(required by gtk-doc really)- and I've tried to compile this using both
>cygwin and VC++ 6. Both of them found errors in the source code. I tried
>compiling the current released versions of OpenJade and OpenSP.

Oh, well just remove the docs directory from SUBDIRS in
Makefile.am... Minor surgery like that is needed all the time on
various non-Linux platforms. Or run configure with
--disable-gtk-doc.

> char *ptr_to_data_dir = g_syspath_make_path(buffer,
>   g_syspath_get_data_directory(), app_specific_relative_path);

> Or your case:
> char *ptr_to_data_dir = g_syspath_make_path(buffer,
> g_syspath_get_lib_directory(), "/foo/2.3");

> Where g_syspath_make_path would cat the the two arguments,place the
> result in buffer and check/fixup the result so that the path returned is
> valid for the current OS.

You still didn't tell how g_syspath_get_lib_directory(void), a
function presumably in GLib, could know what the lib directory of some
random other software is. Or would you require that all GLib-using
software is configured with the same --prefix (on Windows, installed
in the same location)?

--tml