RE: Odd behaviour when building on Win32 using MinGW

> > Since I'm also rather fond of Borland C++ builder, I would like to
> > add a set of _ prefixed exports too. The resulting binaries should
> > be usable with M$ vc, gcc(mingw) and Borland C++ builder.
>
> Are you sure Borland's struct packing convention is identical to
> MSVC's, for instance? If it isn't, using my prebuilt GTK DLL isn't
> going to work anyway.

When I first started working with Tor's Win32 port about a year ago
I tried to get it to work with the Borland C++ 5.5 compiler.  Forget
it.  Tor is right, the way that Borland packs bitfields into structs
is different than the way that Microsoft or gcc (with a certain switch)
packs them.

As much as I hated to do it, I was forced to move away from the
Borland compiler over to Microsoft.  This is because I use many
Microsoft-style and Borland-style statically-linked .lib files
from third-parties that, AFAIK, can't be linked with gcc.

Has anybody out there in GTK+-Win32 land figured out how to use
the Borland compiler with GTK?  It's too late for me, but this
information may prevent others from joining the Dark Side ;-)

--
Ken Rastatter, Senior Design Engineer
Honeywell Sensotec