GTK: Move, Resize and childwindows

Hello
Im working on a port of gtk to the Elate platorm and have a strange behavior that I currently dont know how to solve
probably since I have not figurated everyting out yet :)

My problem is when I get a Move or a Resize event from the OS I genereate a configure event but my childwindow dont
get updated....

I create a
(event->configure.type = GDK_CONFIGURE;)
and fills it with data

then I do (I don't know if all steps are needed this is what I could digout from win32/x11 version)

  if (GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT (gdkwin)->resize_count > 1)    //why this??? To collect a bunch of resizes together???
    GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT (gdkwin)->resize_count -= 1;

    _gdk_input_configure_event (&event->configure, gdkwin);  // seems like this one is implmentent dependant
     gdk_window_resize(gdkwin, event->configure.width, event->configure.height);   //this will resize the window
     gdk_window_ref (event->configure.window); //Add a ref (for ref counting on the window obj)
    _gdk_event_queue_append (event);  //put the event to the event queue????

And to get a visual feedback I also create a expose event
    event->expose.type = GDK_EXPOSE;
   gdk_window_ref (event->expose.window);
    _gdk_event_queue_append (event);

I dont know why I have to create the expose event but I seem to have to to this....
This almost works BUT

No childwindows will get updated or resized, they are just untouched....
So any Idea of what I have been missing would help me.

--
Stefan "Zingo" Andersen   (zingo.org and vectrace.com)