RE: Gtk/Gnome release schedules

I definitely think something needs to be done.

We (BT) are currently writing an application for Cisco, and some of the
issues raised by my own team are greatly to do with the file selection
dialog.  These include, the look, lack of functionality, and how it is
completely different to the Window's file selection dialog.

I think it would be good to have the file selection dialog updated (from the
Linux platform's point of view) but it is (IMO) more important to have it
updated to be more inline to how Window's users expect a file selection
dialog to look.

By-the-way, when I say lack of functionality, I mean things like filters for
what the user will be browsing, that sort of thing.

Regards,
Martyn