RE: Gtk/Gnome release schedules

> 	Having said that - it would be nice to think that if
> Owen/Kris/Hadess/Whomever got abnormally hyperactive and produce
> something that everyone likes RSN, that we could (perhaps) do a stop-gap
> Gtk+-2.4 release, based off the 2.2 branch, with only the new FS API [
> and internal auto-completion stuff ? ].

Before everybody gets too focused on the FS stuff, it may be worth to look
over the other items on the plan again and recognize that many of them have
already (at least prototype quality) implementations somewhere, so it might be
faster to do a quick 2.3 containing stuff that is reasonable ready (menu,
toolbar,
private data, filter model, disclosure triangle, pickers, directfb port and
*then* concentrate on getting a FS done in time. Otherwise, working on the
more complicated API pieces (FS, combo, autocompletion) might block stuff that
is ready. Lets not fall into the trap of piling up lots of patches in
bugzilla.

Matthias