Re: Borders on toolbars

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:42:23PM +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Currently the BonoboUIToolbar uses a border of two pixels around toolbar
> buttons, whereas the GtkToolbar don't use a border. The question is:
> should we start using a border around buttons in the GtkToolbar?
>
> Screenshots:
>
> With border:
>
>      http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/pictures/toolbar-with-border.png
>
> Current:
>
>      http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/pictures/toolbar-current.png
>
> Which look better?

toolbar-with-border.png

Also,

  Toolbar with raised buttons so that:
    Insensitive buttons can be indicated by flatness, not just color
    A radio button group looks like a group
    Buttons look like buttons (single-click, not draggable),
      instead of like file icons (double-click, draggable)

And, especially since my screen is 800x600, small toolbar buttons without
labels. Small buttons also provide a better fit when the toolbar has an
option menu or entry.

Cheers,
Greg